From Michelle: During Tummy Time this morning Sheldon rolled from his front to his back all on his own. He was plenty pissed about it, too. He was whining and I just kept on talking to him and encouraging him, and over he went. :) We're so proud. He's growing so fast. Hard to believe he'll be 6 weeks old on Monday. Every day he grows more alert. He follows us with his eyes now, and turns his head when he hears our voices. We've even seen a few smiles in response to our tickling and cuddling. Most of the hair has fallen out on the top of his head -- to be replaced by what I think it blonde fuzz. Patrick swears it's red, but I think it's blonde. The hair on the crown of his head is super long...and red...as is the rest of his hair. Let's just say he's going through an "awkward" stage right now. :) He's also officially outgrown newborn diapers and most of his newborn clothes.
I can tell that we've begun to settle in with Sheldon, and he's begun to settle in with us. Last night he went 6 hours without nursing (and I slept from 10:00 pm to 3:00 am). Yee-ha! It's not that he's becoming "easier"; it's more that we've gotten to know him better, and we're better at meeting his needs. So, everyone is happier all around in the Miller household.
My hair did the same thing started red went a little blonde then back to red I can't wait to see him again.
ReplyDeleteGetting to know your baby and meeting his needs = excellent use of your time and parenting skills and now it equals more sleep! Wonderful, wonderful. What an enthusiastic player he is as seen in the engaging photo of Sheldon at play!
ReplyDelete