Christmas time!

Christmas time!
Time to Decoate the tree!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Best laid plans...

...sometimes don't go as planned. After three failed walks outside, Patrick and I have discovered that Sheldon has no love for outdoor walks. We've taken him to the store and to the mall several times and he has always happily slept through every trip. Over the last two days we've attempted to walk with him outside (52 degrees out!) and he has cried the entire time. In fact, he cries now every time we put him in his car seat. We've discovered that A. he doesn't like being restrained and B. he's possibly as sensitive to the cold as I am (though we have him bundled from head to toe). For now we're giving up on walks and will try again when it's warmer out and he's a bit older. Patrick and I just shake our heads in disappointment at all the strollers we own and how hopeful we were about going for walks with Sheldon. There's a lesson here in expectations, I think. As in, before having Sheldon we fantasized about all the great walks we'd continue to take around Lake Harriet, etc., but clearly our little bundle of joy wasn't in on the fantasy. :) I feel this is our first lesson in a long line of lessons on expectations we will learn on our parenting journey. Sheldon is who he is, and we can only try to understand him, adjust to him, and encourage him.

In other news -- Sheldon's hair has begun to fall out on top. He has long hair at the crown that sticks straight up (at my doing) and no hair from there to his forehead. I feel like it magically disappeared overnight, too. He really resembles a balding older gentleman at this point. He's still cute as a bug, though! Yesterday he wore a green shirt with green socks with monkeys on them in honor of St. Patty's Day. Hopefully Patrick will post a picture later today. Sheldon is still growing like crazy, and has a special love for the song "Little Potato". Actually, it's the song that Patrick and I sing to him over and over and listen to on the ipod all the time. Our little spud is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are sensitive to your baby's needs and reading his cues, but don't sell the stroller or give up on walks around beautiful lakes just yet. Babies change their likes and dislikes pretty quickly. Try again in a few weeks and he may love the experience! In the meantime, when you and Pat want couple-time out in the lovely springtime fresh air, give a call and I'll be right over to stay inside with Sheldon so you may enjoy a walk together!
    The pics are great. He is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete