Christmas time!

Christmas time!
Time to Decoate the tree!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sheldon takes a bottle

Sheldon took his first bottle this morning. I eagerly awaited sharing this moment with him, and I found I was excited but also a bit anxious. He woke me at 4:30 and I quietly snuck him out of our bedroom before Michelle could wake. In the nursery we sat in the same rocker Michelle uses for most feedings. He was still sleepy and took the bottle on the first try, quickly drawing in half the contents. He slowed briefly to open his eyes and as he stared up at me I'm sure I saw a bit of disbelief in his expression. But if so it didn't slow him until his little belly was full. Michelle woke an hour or so later happy to hear it went well, even though she still had to express her supply. With this comes so many new opportunities for Michelle to get more than an hour from home. And it also opens the door for me to continue to share in this most intimate and nurturing moment in my son's life.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that it went well. Maybe I will get to feed him when I am up. I bet you never imagined what it would be like. AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Way to go Sheldon and way to go Daddy! I bet Momma will appreciate getting relieved from some of those nighttime feedings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. More sleep for Mom and a special time for Dad and Sheldon = a double blessing! Enjoy those special times together.

    ReplyDelete