From Michelle: I am so happy that Sheldon took to a bottle so quickly! I was nervous, but Patrick and Sheldon pulled it off with no problem. Last night Patrick took the 2:00 am feeding and I slept from midnight until 6:00 am. Wooo-hoo! I feel like a new woman! I even went and got my hair cut today. And I baked a batch of banana cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream frosting. Yum! I hope the bottle feeding continues to go well. I know it's fun for Patrick, and it's definitely good for the Mama. :)
While Patrick was gone visiting his Grandpa today, Sheldon and I did some tummy time and then we read a book. The Belly Button book to be exact (thank you Amie and Willa!). Sheldon loved it. Especially the pages that were black and white. He smiled and became very animated when I showed him the pages. It was so fun.
Funny how a baby makes life slow down. At first it made me a little stir crazy, but now I'm settling in and enjoying all the sweet moments we share as a family. I especially love bath time. There is nothing more fun than cleaning all of little Sheldon's crevices. I also enjoy styling his hair in a faux hawk.
Every day Sheldon brings out a new side of me I didn't know existed -- the MOM side. I'm getting to know this new "me" at the same time I'm getting to know Sheldon. I'm also getting to know Patrick as a DAD -- and I can say without any hesitation that he's a wonderful Dad. We are so lucky to have this opportunity to get to know each other in a whole new way -- and to get to know our son. To steal a line from the A-Team movie that Patrick and I just watched, "I love it when a plan comes together!"
You are each such expressive, insightful and interesting writers. Thank you for sharing your parenting journey with others. I am thankful you are so delighted with Sheldon and learning wonderful new things about yourselves and each other too!
ReplyDelete