Our little eater. He's a monster at dinner time. I guess all of those trips crawling back and forth across the livingroom floor are burning up the calories. His favorite food to date is peas. Yes, peas. One of the only foods his mother still refuses to eat, Sheldon gobbles up. Sometimes he even lunges at the spoon. Things have gotten so much more physical with Sheldon. He's incredibly difficult to hold at times because of his strength and will to escape the uncool caress of his father. He has also become scared of most people. My mother warned me it would happen about this age. It's good to have a warning. All I need now is advice on how to let people know it's not their fault. The pleasant conversations with folks at the grocery store as they stop to tell me how cute Sheldon is, have ended. Now those people glare at me as they walk away in awe at Sheldon's violent reaction. It's okay, I'm the one who gets the hug every night before he goes off to bed. What a feeling to hug my boy!
Sheldon's 6 months now, and still a spry yet scrapy 15 pounds 15 ounces at 26 1/2 inches tall. The doctor says he's right on track. And I say, good luck keeping him on any sort of path, he goes where he wants to go, just like his papa.
His first word, maybe, sort of, I think, is Mumum. We know it's time to eat when he starts screaming Mumum. Can't blame him, his Mumum's a tasty little number.
Michelle was the same way at that age she was afraid of everyone even family but she got over it with time and Sheldon will too. Who cares what people think he is cute and can do what ever he wants in my book.
ReplyDelete