Christmas time!

Christmas time!
Time to Decoate the tree!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Sheldon goes to the Mall

From Michelle: Yesterday we packed up the diaper bag and took Sheldon to the Burnsville Center for a stroll. We stopped at Caribou for some coffee and walked around for about a half hour. It was so good to get out of the house, but leaving the house takes a lot more preparation than it used to. Diaper bag, car seat, stroller, etc. By the time we got him to the mall we were tired. Ha! We're going to try and do this every day. Maybe Target and Menards next. If he's like his daddy, he'll love Menards.

There are so many "firsts" with a new baby. Last night we put socks on Sheldon for the first time. There is nothing cuter than newborn socks. Except they won't stay on his little feet for long. So many of the clothes for newborns are just for looks it seems. We learned early on that all our little guy really needs is a t-shirt and a sleeper that zips up. Because really, who wants to struggle with snaps during a diaper change at 3:00 am? I will say, being a new parent, you learn very quickly what is essential, and what is downright silly.

A nurse told us that Sheldon will be our teacher, and it's so true. Patrick and I are being dutiful students, though sometimes it takes us a while to learn the lesson he's trying to teach us. Still, after less than two weeks, I can identify all his little grunts and sounds, and I know when he's serious and when he's just fussing and can soothe himself back to sleep. It is such a joy to learn a little more about him each day.

2 comments:

  1. Sheldon is blessed to have such wise and teachable parents! I love reading your observations and insights. You are already reading his cues which helps you know what you need to do and what you can let him do for himself. This will pay off in the near and far future! In ECFE we say, "you are your child's first teacher and most important influence" so you will be teachers for each other! Now that the moving is done, I am eager for another visit. Love to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You learn what is essential and what is downright silly." This is SO true. It's hard though because what some new parents love, others hate. You really learn quickly what was kind of a waste though.

    Oh, and the God send for keeping those little socks on is Robeez. I have some that Adam is about grown out of. I'll send them to you when he does. :) ~Jade

    ReplyDelete